a design blog of my own.

Greetings!

I am a final year student in Glasgow, just about to complete a Diploma in Architecture. Besides this time spent constructing architectural scale models, I am a self-styled inventor with pretensions of engineering and product design. The Reprap project seemed ideally suited to my ongoing design explorations. Happily I have begun documenting this technological odyssey.

I acquired classic Mendel printed-parts on Ebay in October 2010. Then bought the balance from [mendel-parts.com] during the same month. What followed was a lot of waiting! Eventually I began construction around Christmas last year. Been 'calibrating' on the odd day in between architectural deadlines ever since. Finally found several consecutive for surmounting that starting-from-cold syndrome that had held me back this spring break. Now at last 'Woodsmoke' my printer is printing a Driven_gear in preparation for it's predecessor's possible failure. Pretty pleased with how far things have come.


Woodsmoke's current setup
  • GEN6 Electronics
  • Sells Mendel parts in white ABS
  • Profi-printed pulleys
  • Adrian's geared extruder 59:11
  • V4 (mendel-parts.com) hot-end
  • Salvaged CPU cooling fan
  • Mirrored glass sheet upon a heated aluminium build plate - backsides inked black.
  • Salvaged slow-cooker heating element - kapton-taped onto the build plate.




Woodsmoke

No comments:

Post a Comment